Setup and other questions for Pandora

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Setup and other questions for Pandora

Post by drakebm on Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi. I'm a long-time Eudora user, and have been trying to set up Pandora. For some reason, Pandora times-out after 20 seconds while I'm trying to set up my Dominant account. Is there a way to disable this timer? I simply can't look up the info and type it quickly enough. My fingers don't work properly, and by the time I determine what Pandora wants, then look it up from my Eudora account, it's too late to enter the info! Even if I have the info in front of me, my hands/fingers simply can't work quickly enough to enter the information. Any help or suggestions you have would be appreciated.

On other topic, I'm trying to store all Pandora settings and data on D:, but the program doesn't seem to allow that. I was able to set it up to store the attachments in D:\Pandora\Attachments, but can't seem to store other data/settings there. It's entirely possible that I'm looking at things the wrong way or just haven't explored deeply enough, but I could use some help.

Finally, I've clicked Tools | Importing witch several times, but nothing seems to happen. I'm not certain what it's supposed to do, or how to get it to work.

I'm looking forward to Pandora becoming my Eudora replacement, and look forward to getting it to work. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for developing this program, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Bob

drakebm

Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Setup and other questions for Pandora

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:55 am

Hello Bob:

Welcome to Pandora forum.

drakebm wrote:Hi. I'm a long-time Eudora user, and have been trying to set up Pandora. For some reason, Pandora times-out after 20 seconds while I'm trying to set up my Dominant account. Is there a way to disable this timer? I simply can't look up the info and type it quickly enough. My fingers don't work properly, and by the time I determine what Pandora wants, then look it up from my Eudora account, it's too late to enter the info! Even if I have the info in front of me, my hands/fingers simply can't work quickly enough to enter the information. Any help or suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Password dialog that's ignited during the mail check, if password is missing or invalid, will timeout as there is only certain amount of seconds that server can wait for particular command. That dialog is just a 1st aid measure, (and also so Pandora can be the first one to terminate the connection, it's a girl's prerogative ;-)), but the main settings are here:
1. Click "View/Personalities" from the main menu.
2. Select Dominant, right click -> Properties.
3. Take your time and enter all the data. Notice 3 main buttons: Checking, Composing, Sending.
4. When done hit OK.

drakebm wrote:On other topic, I'm trying to store all Pandora settings and data on D:, but the program doesn't seem to allow that. I was able to set it up to store the attachments in D:\Pandora\Attachments, but can't seem to store other data/settings there. It's entirely possible that I'm looking at things the wrong way or just haven't explored deeply enough, but I could use some help.

To change the main data folder.
1. Click "View/Mailboxes" from the main menu.
2. Select the first root mailbox (ex: "Mail"), right click -> "Change...".
3. Browse to your new data folder. When "Current Selection" label displays a full path of destination folder, hit Select.

drakebm wrote:Finally, I've clicked Tools | Importing witch several times, but nothing seems to happen. I'm not certain what it's supposed to do, or how to get it to work.

Could be a bug or UAC-related stuff.
Regarding that issue, contact us directly:
1. Click "Help/Send Feedback/Report a Bug".

drakebm wrote:I'm looking forward to Pandora becoming my Eudora replacement, and look forward to getting it to work. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for developing this program, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Most welcome, thank you.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 52
Join date : 2016-07-31

View user profile http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum