Urgent: Pandora import of Eudora message runs out of memory import still running Leave or quit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Urgent: Pandora import of Eudora message runs out of memory import still running Leave or quit?

Post by trott3r on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:06 pm

Hello,

I have been importing my old eudora emails into the 1.5.5 version of pandora unregistered.
The import wizard has crashed with an out of memory error in windows xp sp3 4gig of memory.
Swap is on a 4gig ramdisk (pc has 8gig).

The wizard is still running and i am wondering if i should leave it running or quit the import wizard?

A quick answer would be desirable as i want to shut the computer down for bed time if i can.

thanks for your time

Martin

trott3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Urgent: Pandora import of Eudora message runs out of memory import still running Leave or quit?

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:42 pm

trott3r wrote:Hello,

I have been importing my old eudora emails into the 1.5.5 version of pandora unregistered.
The import wizard has crashed with an out of memory error in windows xp sp3 4gig of memory.
Swap is on a 4gig ramdisk (pc has 8gig).

The wizard is still running and i am wondering if i should leave it running or quit the import wizard?

A quick answer would be desirable as i want to shut the computer down for bed time if i can.

thanks for your time

Martin

If exception is raised - shut it down via Task Manager. Browse to Import folder, located inside Pandora's main data folder and delete all the files there. Try again with a smaller batch.

In that second run:
If Importer interface is just not responding - let it run.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Urgent: Pandora import of Eudora message runs out of memory import still running Leave or quit?

Post by trott3r on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Okay i have deleted the import folder.

Do i leave the Local Mailboxes - Eudora.mf folder alone or will the import witch skip the duplicates?

thanks

MArtin

trott3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:16 am

trott3r wrote:Okay i have deleted the import folder.

Do i leave the Local Mailboxes - Eudora.mf folder alone or will the import witch skip the duplicates?

thanks

MArtin

Yes you can delete that one too. New local root will be created on the next import.
Importer does not eliminate duplicates, everything is imported.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trott3r on Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:40 pm

Admin wrote:

thanks

MArtin

Yes you can delete that one too. New local root will be created on the next import.

Sorry for the miss-understanding.
I meant if i left the local mailboxes eudora.mf folder will their be duplicates?

I am asking because i have thousands of old emails and so deleting any progress means more time to waste on the next import
attempt.

Martin

trott3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm

trott3r wrote:
Admin wrote:

thanks

MArtin

Sorry for the miss-understanding.
I meant if i left the local mailboxes eudora.mf folder will their be duplicates?

I am asking because i have thousands of old emails and so deleting any progress means more time to waste on the next import
attempt.

Martin

No problem Martin. Yes there will be duplicates.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trott3r on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:05 pm

Ok thanks.

Now the weekend is over it might be best to start over again next weekend to avoid duplicates.
Oh well i guess i have learned a few things Smile

trott3r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top