Launching Pandora from Mailwasher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launching Pandora from Mailwasher

Post by rherber1 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:32 am

I have been a long time Eudora user and based on several recommendations I purchased a Pandora license and am trying it out. I have noticed several issues which make for an annoying user experience which I didn't have with Eudora. I use Mailwasher Pro as my mail vetting and cleanout system before launching and downloading any emails I wish to view.

In MW Settings/Washing Mail you can set the default mail program you wish to use after washing mail. MW doesn't yet know Pandora so the path to the program has to be entered. This is done by clicking on the Settings/Washing Mail/Email program button and selecting "Use other application" and then browsing to the prgram. eg. C:/Program files/Pandora/Pandora.exe and then saving. Once this done Pandora will be the mail program which is launched when the Mail Program button is pressed from the Inbox tab - or at least hopefully it will.

Mine doesn't launch Pandora. All I see is the small blue circle spinning momentarily after pressing Mail Program and then nothing. I actually have to then launch Pandora from the desktop icon or the Windows Start button. If I then minimise Pandora to the task bar pressing Mail Program button in MW will then call up Pandora.

Another problem I have is that when Pandora has been minimised to the task bar the program itself does not appear on the task bar. All that I see on the task bar are the currently open mailboxes eg. In, Out or a currently opened email message in the preview pane. What is also peculiar is that when I hover my mouse over these minimised task bar icons and select say the In mailbox, nothing happens. Same for any other mailbox icon which might be sitting on the task bar. Only if a currently open email is minimised will Pandora pop up on the screen when that icon is selected on the task bar.

I notice that if I left click on the Pandora stacked icon on the task bar the pop up menu has a link to Pandora and that can be clicked to call Pandora to the front. Is there a simpler and better way - one that Mailwasher can handle?

Can anyone solve these issues for me.
rherber1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launching Pandora from Mailwasher

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:34 am

Hello rherber1:

rherber1 wrote:I have been a long time Eudora user and based on several recommendations I purchased a Pandora license and am trying it out. I have noticed several issues which make for an annoying user experience which I didn't have with Eudora. I use Mailwasher Pro as my mail vetting and cleanout system before launching and downloading any emails I wish to view.

In MW Settings/Washing Mail you can set the default mail program you wish to use after washing mail. MW doesn't yet know Pandora so the path to the program has to be entered. This is done by clicking on the Settings/Washing Mail/Email program button and selecting "Use other application" and then browsing to the prgram. eg. C:/Program files/Pandora/Pandora.exe and then saving. Once this done Pandora will be the mail program which is launched when the Mail Program button is pressed from the Inbox tab - or at least hopefully it will.

Mine doesn't launch Pandora. All I see is the small blue circle spinning momentarily after pressing Mail Program and then nothing. I actually have to then launch Pandora from the desktop icon or the Windows Start button. If I then minimise Pandora to the task bar pressing Mail Program button in MW will then call up Pandora.

We just tested it out with several versions of MailWasher on Windows 7/8 it's launching it fine.
Try to enclose the path with quote signs, so replace:
C:/Program files/Pandora/Pandora.exe
with
"C:/Program files/Pandora/Pandora.exe"
Any luck?

Another problem I have is that when Pandora has been minimised to the task bar the program itself does not appear on the task bar. All that I see on the task bar are the currently open mailboxes eg. In, Out or a currently opened email message in the preview pane. What is also peculiar is that when I hover my mouse over these minimised task bar icons and select say the In mailbox, nothing happens. Same for any other mailbox icon which might be sitting on the task bar. Only if a currently open email is minimised will Pandora pop up on the screen when that icon is selected on the task bar.

I notice that if I left click on the Pandora stacked icon on the task bar the pop up menu has a link to Pandora and that can be clicked to call Pandora to the front. Is there a simpler and better way - one that Mailwasher can handle?

Would it trouble you to send us the screen shots? Hit "Help/Send Feedback/Report a Bug" and attach the snap shots, we'll get back to you directly.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:51 am

Would it trouble you to send us the screen shots? Hit "Help/Send Feedback/Report a Bug" and attach the snap shots, we'll get back to you directly.

The issue is reproduced, that won't be necessary. Thank you.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by rherber1 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:17 am

Admin wrote:Hello rherber1:

Snip

We just tested it out with several versions of MailWasher on Windows 7/8 it's launching it fine.
Try to enclose the path with quote signs, so replace:
C:/Program files/Pandora/Pandora.exe
with
"C:/Program files/Pandora/Pandora.exe"
Any luck?

Nope. I checked to make sure that the path was in quotes but Pandora still won't launch from MW. I also checked in MW Help/User Files/GeneralSettings.xml file and Pandora is listed in as the Mail Program to use

Snip
Would it trouble you to send us the screen shots? Hit "Help/Send Feedback/Report a Bug" and attach the snap shots, we'll get back to you directly.[/quote]

I'm sorry, I don't know how to capture the pop up icons on the task bar using Screen Grab. As soon as I try to initiate a grab the popup icons disappear. All I can tell you is that there is one icon for the In box and one for the Out box when I mouse over the Pandora icon on the task bar (I had these boxes open when I minimised). When I mouse over the task bar icon and the icons representing the In and Out boxes pop up and when I click on either one nothing happens. If I left click on either popup for In or Out box I get a context menu which has Restore at the top. When I click this option Pandora is restored to the state it was in when I minimised it but it is not brought to the front if I have my browser or another active program open. To bring Pandora to the front after Restore is clicked I have to minimise or close any active windows.

While I would like to stick with Pandora I am getting the impression it is all a bit too difficult to sort these issues out so I think I will give it a miss and uninstall it and stick with Eudora. At least Eudora does the right things and MW launches it from scratch.
rherber1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum